She is an Associate Attorney at Correa-Acevedo & Abesada, P.S.C.
Admitted to practice in 2014. Yesenia Medina-Torres is an associate of the firm. Her main practice areas are commercial and residential foreclosures, commercial transactions, insurance and personal injury defense.
In 2009, Mrs. Medina graduated magna cum laude from the University of Sacred Heart in San Juan, Puerto Rico, with a Bachelor in Communications, Major in journalism. She pursued a Juris Doctor degree from the Inter American University of Puerto Rico, School of Law. While in law school, Mrs. Medina was Associate Director of the Inter American Law Review. In 2012, she graduated magna cum laude and was admitted to the Puerto Rico Bar and Notary Bar in 2014. On 2015, she was admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court for the District of Puerto Rico.
Practice Areas and Experience:
- General civil and commercial litigation in state and federal court
- Torts and Personal Injury Litigation
- Commercial Collections and Foreclosures
- Insurance Law and Coverage Litigation
- Condominium Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Legal Malpractice Defense
- Inheritance Law
- Estate Planning
- Appellate Litigation
- Corporate Finance
- Notary Law
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Lending
- Secured Transactions
- Puerto Rico Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Association.
- WM Capital Partners 51, LLC. v. Ponton Embroidery, Inc., 2019 WL 1005947 (D. Puerto Rico 2019).